A dedicated payload organization committed to success
Outstanding engineering experience, suited to all platforms Payload engineering is based on a widely-recognized technical approach:
- standard methods accepted by all major customers
- standardized units specifications
- a wide range of validated engineering tools
- continuous contact with industrial units to deploy state-of-the-art technologies
Thales Alenia Space’s experience with most satellite prime contractors means a large degree of design flexibility:
- integrated team with prime contractor
- optimized design handling RF, EMC, mechanical, thermal, integration and test requirements
- antenna design based on reflectors supplied in-house or from platform prime
Equipment procurement: reduced risks, enhanced performance and quality
Thales Alenia Space has extensive experience in procuring parts and subassemblies from all major suppliers worldwide. Through this approach, we have developed expertise in maximizing value for the end-customer:
- The selection of a subassembly supplier systematically driven by a make-or-buy process: in-house production capability for all RF and digital products.
- Long-term agreements and framework agreements set up to optimize and secure procurement, using standard practices and documentation.