Civil and military helicopter operators require:
- enhanced capability & efficiency
- maximised payload capacity
To meet these demands, you need an avionics suite that is Intuitive, Interactive, Integrated (Icube) and Safe (S). This is the innovative Icube-S concept- the unique strength behind the TopDeck® avionics suite from Thales.
The key to enhancing safety is to optimise the crew’s cognitive workload, particularly during complex tasks such as re-routing, and when handling emergencies. In addition to its MMI, where pilot tasks are directly controlled through display objects, TopDeck® features an intuitive central cursor control device (iCCD) - the first of its kind on a helicopter. This iCCD puts all functions at the pilot’s fingertips .With TopDeck® on board, the pilot’s attention is fully focused on accomplishing the mission. Workload is reduced, reaction time shortened and safety increased.
Whereas most avionics suites involve the complex task of activating multiple, dedicated rocker switches, pushbuttons and potentiometers, TopDeck® features a breakthrough interactive Man Machine Interface (MMI).
Using point-and-click, drag-and-drop and scrolling functions directly on the display, the pilot has easy access to:
- interactive Flight Management System (iFMS), with flight plan creation and revisions on the Digital Map (DMap)
- interactive Radio Management System (iRMS), including direct access to airport radio frequencies on the Digital Map
- normal and emergency checklists
- a broad range of virtual control panels for equipment setting.
The time when every function came with new hardware is long gone. To maximise helicopter use while guaranteeing safety and efficiency, Thales has developed a comprehensive avionics suite that offers an unrivalled level of integration, combining all functions within a unique, modular and versatile architecture while significantly reducing ownership cost.
- Primary Flight and Navigation Displays (PFD/ND)
- Flight/Mission Management and Digital Map (FM/DMap)
- Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (H-TAWS)
- Helicopter Synthetic Vision System (H-SVS)
- Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS)
- Radiocommunications and navigation
- Vehicle and engine management
- Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
Pilot gets full advantage from having all the latest functionalities displayed in a consistent and harmonised way and can therefore concentrate on ensuring a successful mission. As a result, TopDeck® provides the crew and passengers with an unparallel level of safety.
*Optional **Subscription required