AITrac 6484 LZB-STM (Specific Transmission Module) is the vital on-board equipment that interfaces with any European Train Control System (ETCS) on-board equipment to provide safe supervision of train movement on Spanish lines equipped with the national line-side train protection systems LZB and ASFA. For national supervision, LZB is a continuous automatic train control system with train speed indication and monitoring for speeds up to and more than 300 km/h. ASFA is a spot transmission system for speeds up to 200 km/h.
The system fulfils the demands of the signalling technology by displaying information on expected signal aspects and speed limits for the next 10 km to the driver. The AITrac 6484 LZB-STM monitors a train’s speed and initiates automatic braking via the ETCS on-board system or via direct brake access if the permissible speed is exceeded.
- Supports national operation for ETCS trains
- Can be connected to any ETCS on-board equipment
- High reliability and fail-safe operation
- Fully automatic speed control and supervision
- Complete cab signalling relieves the driver
- Display of information on signal aspects and speed limits for the next 10 km
- Automatic train operation supported
- Thales system experience since 1985