10 May 2012
Neuilly-sur-Seine, 10 May 2012 – Thales is today releasing its revenues and order intake for the first quarter of 2012. Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Luc Vigneron stated: "At the end of this first quarter, our order intake is up, supported by major contracts in Transport and the continued positive momentum of civil aeronautics. Moreover, our revenues remain virtually stable at constant scope. On this basis, and despite a persistent context of strong budget pressures in its main domestic markets, Thales is confirming its objectives for 2012."
Order intake: €2.62bn, up 35% (€2.58 bn i.e. +33% excluding DCNS impact (1)
- Strong growth in Aerospace & Transport (+65%) with the recording of several major rail contracts
- Slight increase in Defence & Security (+3%)
Revenues: €2.68bn increasing by 7% (€2.48bn, i.e. -1% excluding DCNS impact (1)
- Growth in Aerospace & Transport driven by civil aeronautics activities
- Good resilience of the Defence & Security activities
If you are unable to listen to the call live on May 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm, a digital replay is available for two weeks. To access the replay, please dial +33 (0)1 72 00 15 01 or +44 (0) 203 367 9460(code 276726#).
Webcast link: http://www.media-server.com/m/p/cq8ws7wt
(1) Excluding the impact of the 35% proportionate
consolidation of DCNS